Dates and Deadlines
In general, Python will ask mentors to do things before the Google deadline. This allows our admins time to make sure that evaluations, etc. are complete and ready for Google when their deadline comes. (The whole organization gets penalized if anyone's late, so we make sure that doesn't happen unfairly.) Student deadlines are exactly as Google tells you, although getting things done earlier is never a bad idea!
Mentor and Sub-Org admin deadlines
These are also listed on the calendar at the bottom of this page that you can subscribe to or add to your own device.
- Feb. 12, 2021 - Sub-org application deadline. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate interest.
- March 16, 2021 - Second sub-org application deadline. This is intended for projects who applied separately.
- April 29, 2021 - Slot request due
- May 11, 2021 - Project selections due
- July 14, 2021 - Mentor Phase 1 evaluations due
- Aug. 28, 2021 - Mentor Final Evaluations Due
Blogging schedule (Student Deadlines)
Every week, students are asked to post something about their project on their blogs. This helps the python community learn about the work students are doing and also helps the org admins make sure that students still on track to pass and don't need help. There are two types of things that students post: blog posts, which are longer descriptions of the work they're doing, and weekly check ins, which answer a few short questions as a sort of status report. These are due every Monday during the GSoC period, and the schedule is listed below as a list and as a calendar at the bottom of the page that you can export and add to your own calendar.
- June 7, 2021 - Weekly Check-In Due
- June 14, 2021 - Weekly Blog Post Due
- June 21, 2021 - Weekly Check-In Due
- June 28, 2021 - Weekly Blog Post Due
- July 5, 2021 - Weekly Check-In Due
- July 12, 2021 - Weekly Blog Post Due
- July 19, 2021 - Weekly Check-In Due
- July 26, 2021 - Weekly Blog Post Due
- Aug. 2, 2021 - Weekly Check-In Due
- Aug. 9, 2021 - Weekly Blog Post Due
- Aug. 16, 2021 - Weekly Check-In Due
- Aug. 23, 2021 - Weekly Blog Post Due
Please note Google's GSoC dates and deadlines.